Thursday, September 21, 2006

NEW SERIES:........Joke Of The Month

Moses and Jesus play golf.
Moses tees offwith a superb 250 yard drive.
Then Jesus drives off and as the ball soars into the air it's caught in the beakof a passing
eagle who's flying in the direction of the green.
He drops it into the pouch of a squirrel on the ground who runs to the flag
and pops it into the hole.
Moses turns to Jesus: " Look " he asks "do you want to play golf or do you want to mess around?"

Comments on "NEW SERIES:........Joke Of The Month"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:50:00 AM) : 

Lol Rupe, very good.

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:24:00 AM) : 

LOL!

As requested I've lightened the links and increasd the size of the text in the right hand sidebar... Is that what you had in mind?

 

Blogger Crispin Heath said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:25:00 AM) : 

I just got very excited. You've met Orson Wells. The best interview I've ever seen was Parkinson's interview with him in the mid-70s. I always use it as the one example of hw far downhill the chat shows gone. Here was a man, no book or film to promote. Just there to chat for an hour and with an amazing amount to chat about. Bull fighting with Hemmingway, shooting parties with J Edgar Hoover it was rivetting.

If it isn't rude could I ask you what he was like and then I'll promise not to get all star struck again.

 

Blogger Crispin Heath said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:26:00 AM) : 

By the way I love your work and I promise you I'm not just saying that to be sycophantic. It's genuinely wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:21:00 PM) : 

Gavin, thanks so much...also I can log in now...my fault...I get so nervous.

No more photo's on my blog.
No scanner, no digital camera..UGH!
no broadband, in fact I am totally
computer illiterate, and slightly dyslexic.
So enormous sympathy to Gavin.

Six, thanks v. much, yes I spent a day with Orson Welles. He was amking afilm here directed by Michael Winner, Oliver Reed was in it as well.

You can imagine that I was very overwhelmed....and I made the fatal error of telling him Citizen Kane was my favourite film.

I was very young, and just let it roll, no other chatting.
He was polite, and I did like him, but I was in awe.

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:16:00 PM) : 

That's not nervousness it's excitement! You can't break it!

Now that you are a happy blogger, broadband might be worth considering...

Six has been somewhat slow on the uptake! Bless him! Fortunately he is now suitably impressed!

 

Blogger Crispin Heath said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:32:00 PM) : 

Very true Gavin. It'll teach me to skim read won't it.

 

Blogger Crispin Heath said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:32:00 PM) : 

By the way Rupe, according to your profile it is one of your favourity films so I guess at least it was true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:52:00 PM) : 

Six, I wouldn't lie about that...
as a matter of fact I don't lie about anything serious to me.
I do play terrible lying jokes on my brother...but after he turns white...I tell him the truth and then he won't speak to me for a while. Once for 3 months!

I left off another fave film, Sergio Leoni (sp) Once upon a Time in The West....magnificent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:58:00 PM) : 

I've been trying to persuade Rupe to have broadband, but apparently she's already had a row with BT over it, and I think it's put her off !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:31:00 PM) : 

Wonderful to see you joining the blogging community. Check out a couple of my blog entries at www.teachme2.co.uk/blog.

Very very proud of you.

Take care and hope all is well

PG

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:29:00 PM) : 

Rupe - after your brother turns white. Is this the same orange brother you mentioned before?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:30:00 PM) : 

Yes it is Sarnia, my lovely darling brother.
I have another, younger who lives abroad.
But the one whose face went orange is close to me age wise.......btw, he has played some awful jokey lies on me.

I used to dress him in nightdresses when he was very little, put a big bow in his hair and called him Margaret !!
How he had a normal manhood is quite astonishing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:46:00 PM) : 

What has happened to little photo next to my name which should be blue, not black? if anyone knows, please tell.
Phil? are you anywhere? Poor Phil took 6 months to show me how to use a computer..he was my teacher, and still gets me out of holes, but he's moved to Brighton and will soon be teaching IT at university.
Gavin? I hate to bother you again, but what's happened?....all answers welcome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:10:00 PM) : 

testing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:02:00 PM) : 

something has gone wrong with my logging on process.
Picture has vanished.....Gavinnn !!!
help me, I've left detailed problem
on your latest blog, no lur lettering....Sarnia sorry, but am a bit (very) anxious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 12:54:00 AM) : 

Rupe, maybe the pic hasn't appeared because you posted on here without logging in as a blogger?

I have two brothers also and we also play evil tricks on each other (and my sister too).

What you said about dressing your brother in nightdresses reminds me of what my Mother did to our cat (another Chelsea) when I was little.

The coalman came and my Mother put our cat in a nightdress and said "have you seen my latest?"

No wonder I'm as mad as a hatter.

He believed her by the way.

What Uni is Phil teaching IT at in Brighton?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 8:55:00 AM) : 

Sarnia, the whole logging process for me has changed, and Lord knows why but Yahoo bloody messenger think I've applied, and they will not go away. Also Google aks me to log in???? crazy

This whole blogging thing has driven poor Gavin barmy, me too.
Yesterday I just went cuckoo, knee cap had to put into place, Rosie was very sick, trying to log in every way ....and failing to do it as I did before when everything was hunky dory.
I'm taking this too seriously, no surprise I'm afraid.
Also got bloody mosquitoe's, Mags said to get citronella candle, which I'll get this morning.
Why is it so bloody hot and humid?

Got stung as well nd I'm allergic of course.

Sarnia, Yes Phil is studying at Brighton....he'll be teaching IT there soon. I found him when I bought my first laptop, I looked for a sales person who was kind patient amd would teach me privately. He's wonderful, speaks with best Northern accent I've ever heard......he's married and left East London for a beautiful flat ....seaside Brighton.
I really adore him. And miss him.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 11:13:00 AM) : 

IT'S ALL SORTED.
I was using a few capital letters in password.

Having a rest...blogging is not for the highly strung...bordering on INSANE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 11:50:00 AM) : 

Glad it's all ok now, Rupe. (hugs)

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 12:26:00 PM) : 

I'm feeling great sympathy for Gavin the Great.

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 1:31:00 PM) : 

I can categorically reassure you that I was barmy prior to starting you off on this blogging. While the barminess is certainly not in remission at the moment, happily, it is no worse than usual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 22, 2006 5:52:00 PM) : 

Glad you're all sorted now, Rupe.

Thank goodness for lovely men who KNOW about these things (and lovely women too of course I hasten to add).

 

Blogger Mister Frost said ... (Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:09:00 PM) : 

Hi Rupe! You kept that quiet. Interesting about Orson Welles - one of my absolute heroes. The BBC Arena interviews with him are the greatest in the history of television I think, with the Frost/Nixon coming a close second.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:37:00 PM) : 

Augustus, can I have a link with you?? don't know how to do it???

 

post a comment