Sunday, September 24, 2006

BLOGGERITIS:------

Maine Frame

I have a new ailment.

I have called it BLOGGERITIS.

Symptoms:-

From sitting at computer nearly all the time, my bad knee is 100 times worse. Knee cap had to be strapped into place a few days ago.

From checking computer at 5 a.m. when Fatty Pang(Rosie)
wakes me, instead of going back to sleep, I read all the blogs.
So I'm half dead most of the time.

Worrying about what I'm going to write next.

Eyesight weakening.

Cat not getting the ususal attention, so quacking, moans, groans, banging doors with her paws and generally behaving disgracefully. Eating spiders and Daddy Long Legs, and specially being sick so I have to spend a long time cleaning etc.

Worrying whether Gavin will let me email some funny stuff I've found, and put it on my blog when the time comes.

Arranging with my nice computer teacher to come and collect stuff to scan and email it to me, so that poor heroic Gavin will
put it on my blog.

Wonder what I can give Gavin to compensate him for his help.

Increasing painkillers, valium to deal with even more symptoms of distress.

Making excuses to friends and family that I am too busy to see them.

That's all for now folks, got to take a pill.

Comments on "BLOGGERITIS:------"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, September 24, 2006 10:05:00 PM) : 

Oh Rupe, what are we going to do with you. Still it stops you fretting about other things.
Are you going over to Italy while your exhibition's on ?

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, September 24, 2006 10:18:00 PM) : 

Exhibition opened last night.
Couldn't possibly leave my bloggy !!

Lots of reviews in Italian press,
unfortunately I had a serious upset with my Italian agent who has gallery in London, and so the only contact I have is with the curator of the exhibition, and she doesn't speak English, and I don't speak Italian, so we make funny noises at each other over the telephone.
No wonder I'm going nuts.

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Sunday, September 24, 2006 11:20:00 PM) : 

Rupe,
if you can communicate with the friends once made on the messageboards via the blogs that's great and the good thing is that you post when yo want to.

And...set aside a particular time to look if anything has been added because the last thing we want is for your health to suffer un-necessarily. I appreciate how difficult it can be.

Thank you for your comments regarding my latest entry.

I must try and see if I can find any mention about the exhibition in the Italian press. If I can find it, it is possible to change the text back into English so that we can understand.

I wish you every success...

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 5:36:00 AM) : 

Thanks Gildy, I have found the reviews and I hit them with translate button. Such funny English.
You know Gildy, my blog is such a novelty that I have got very excited....it's so long since I had that enthusiasm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 12:25:00 PM) : 

Rupe, will you make a profit if your prints are on sale there ?

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 12:39:00 PM) : 

Gavin is very pleased to help and needs no compensation! However as of this morning Gavin is in receipt of a beautiful book of photographs called ManPower of which Gavin is mightily proud!!!!!!!!

Of course you can send me stuff to put to the blog...and I'll teach you how to upload pictures to regular posts too. It's really very easy when you get the hang of it.

Having a blog is a fun way of chatting to people and extending your circle but I very much hope you're not really turning down friends and family in favour of blogging!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 1:24:00 PM) : 

Curmy. the prints are for sale.
They are very expensive so I doubt whether many will be sold.

Gavin, not ONE member of my family has bothered to look at my bloggy, only my daughter in law has seen it.

My friends look in, and think it's
entertaining.
I've found some interesting material, which I hope to send you soon.

Gildy, Rupublica have done double page spread on exhibition.

BUT lots of sites are carrying write ups done by amateur idiotic toads, they have illustrated the article with an agency photograph taken by a blind idiot, of Reagan and Gorby. So it looks as if it was taken by me, I could spit 10 yards !
Some bloody stupid press agency.
So upsetting.

 

Blogger Mister Frost said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 3:58:00 PM) : 

Don't worry Rupe. None of my family has seen mine either. They don't know it even exists. Looking at the content can you blame me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 4:40:00 PM) : 

Rupe, once you've learnt how to put photos on your blog will you let me know?

I'd be interested to read the reviews of your exhibition too (in English!).

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 5:19:00 PM) : 

Sarnia...The big review from Republica has had to be removed as I complained that they had shown about 2o photo's, full size, so that anyone could download them, and they are my copyright. So I just had a call from them, and they have been removed, or a copyright notice has been put on it.

If you put my name into Google, you can look for the Italian stuff, just press translate button.

It's not very interesting.
I do have one which someone sent to me, so I can send it to you.

My lovely new computer teacher is coming tomorrow, and I am giving him a few items of interest....to scan, and to send to my computer, and he'll be on the phone telling exactly what to do. Then once they are stored I can send a couple to God Gavin.

I am not putting up photo's like usual work...
.... but special stuff. Just to make it interesting, and funny.

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 7:11:00 PM) : 

You may be able to put some kind of licence onto your blog to protect your copyright and then share some of your work without it being hijacked.

Good luck with your computer teacher tomorrow ;-)

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 7:39:00 PM) : 

Gildy I won't be putting my best pix on blog.
However, I do have tons of odds and ends which I took for momento's which may use,, and whether it's relevent. It depends on what grabs me.
It's like editing my own little newspaper.
With a readership of about six, but it's so much fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 8:18:00 PM) : 

Gavin, I've got a confession to make, I've got one of Rupe's books as well It's absolutely fabulous !

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 9:20:00 PM) : 

Rupe,
You believe that you have a readership of 6 but give it time and you'll be amazed just how wide your readership will reach even though only a few may leave comments.

Some blogs never have any comments left which might dishearten some bloggers but many are still read and some people will find you through clicking on the links on other blogs.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, September 25, 2006 11:42:00 PM) : 

Thanks Gildy...I am getting some unpublished very disturbing images ready.
Actually it is a bit disturbing seeing your life pass by in rather nerve wracking visuals.

But I am totally taken over with this adventure. It's a new world.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:21:00 PM) : 

Hello Ows, exhiition is in
La Nave, Parco Culturale Le Serre,
Via Tiziano 31
GRUGLIASCO, TURIN.
It's on for 6 weeks as from now.
Its called MORE THAN PORTRAIT.

Thanks for popping into my blog, can you link it to mine? God only knows how to do it...and Great God Gavin, if you have time, can you put Ows on mine.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:24:00 PM) : 

SORRY GAV, SORRY OWS, link is there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:46:00 PM) : 

Wish me luck, Rupe, I've got to take the cats to the vets for their boosters today !

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:45:00 PM) : 

Oh Curmy, wish you luck.

I have to take The Fat One to vet tomorrow for weigh in, BUT BUT
she still has a lump on her right side. :-((

 

Blogger Name Witheld said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:46:00 PM) : 

Rupe,

Glad to hear you've found my blog.

On the R5L News message board I am known as "Shy Talk" but my blog is called "Les Paul Junior", named after my favourite guitar. Is it O.K. if I put a link to your blog on mine, if you know what I mean?

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:42:00 PM) : 

Rupe - I've added Shy Talk, Baldinio (Paul), Augustus and Lucy to your links...

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 4:55:00 PM) : 

Gavin you are a true sweetheart x

Announcement for SHY
Your blog is not showing my comments?

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:04:00 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:24:00 PM) : 

Thanks so much Gavin.

Thanks all.....

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:50:00 PM) : 

Les Paul...yes please put link to me on your blog. I don't know how to do links. No surprise.

 

Blogger Name Witheld said ... (Friday, September 29, 2006 9:33:00 AM) : 

You're linked!

 

post a comment