Wednesday, January 10, 2007

David Beckham......I Love You




I should be a football expert to write anything intelligent about this man who I have adored since he first began playing for Moan U. Although I disliked the club, and their red faced, gum chewing, boot throwing manager. David Beckham, for me, stood out on his own.

I was a fan since the beginning. A close friend wrote a long article about him for The Sunday Times Magazine, she spent hours with him, travelling by car to Manchester.
She told me he was just a wonderful person, polite, very natural, and very lovable.

I rejoiced when he became Captain of my beloved England, sadly I was never overwhelmed with Sven. Oh well, that's another story. When Ferguson threw that boot at him, I wanted to kill that red faced monster.

Then to Real Madrid, and I followed his career thru' the Real website. I checked it out every week.

The most recent World Cup disaster knocked me for six. The England team were my passion, and the whole thing was just painfully horrible. I blame Sven, the FA,
the team, but never David, who always worked his guts out. In any case he got injured before the bluddy end.

I lost a few tears when he resigned as Captain, retaining his dignity to the last.

Then that vile untalented Steve McLaren was mis-chosen as England's new coach, instead of the multi talented Martin O'Neill....he just sacked David from the team, cold bloodedly and cruelly.

David is a wonderful father, is kind and charitable, and I love him and hope he
has a happy and successful life. OK he's made a ton of money, but he loves playing his football. Good Luck to him.

Comments on "David Beckham......I Love You"

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:10:00 PM) : 

Thanks Ump.

I don't think Sven should have been there in the first place.

That WAG business was insane.

He played hard, and was a shining light. I feel very vey sad for him, I bet he's very sad as well.
x

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:30:00 PM) : 

So, my darling is off to LA Galaxy, I've been on their website message boards, they've been excited since last November.

Good luck to him. xxxxxxx

 

Blogger Linda Mason said ... (Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:35:00 PM) : 

But he isn't doing it for the money Rupe! Oops! I like DB, always have had a soft spot for him but I do wish he would be honest about the money.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, January 12, 2007 1:14:00 AM) : 

Is it me or does he look pregnant in this photo?

I agree with Ump and Mags, Rupe.

Nevertheless he seems a decent man and was proud to play for England. I think John Terry is an excellent choice for England skipper.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, January 12, 2007 11:37:00 AM) : 

Sarns, since the World Cup, I have little interest in England team.
If Jose leaves Chelsea,I will despair. You see you are a true Chelsea fan. I was lover of England...mad and passionate, and when world cup disaster happened I had to go on anti depressants.

Now, I would like you all to know that David will be unhappy in his soul that he will not be playing the kind of football he loves.

The money is some compensation, better for his family to be out there, Posh instigated this.
His kids will be happy there.

There will be a sadness in his heart, that no money can compensate.

:-((

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Friday, January 12, 2007 1:28:00 PM) : 

Don't know about pregnant, nbut he's got a very strangely placed left nipple!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, January 12, 2007 6:13:00 PM) : 

didn't you know he'd been feeding his new baby?

Now, no more mean stuff about my beloved. x

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Friday, January 12, 2007 7:17:00 PM) : 

I had no idea you could carry a tune so well Ump!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Saturday, January 13, 2007 1:52:00 PM) : 

Fabio Capello the Real Madrid coach has just announced taht David will never play for Real Madrid again.

WHAT A ROTTEN DIRTY BITCHY BASTARD.

 

Blogger Curmy said ... (Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:58:00 PM) : 

Rupe are you sure you're not his Mum ? you havn't got a bad word to say for him !
I think as a person he's improved over the years, though I can't think what he sees in Posh !
Hilarious lyrics Ump !

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:05:00 PM) : 

Aha Curmy. No not his Mum, but..but..BUT I MAY BE related in a long distance way.:-))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:09:00 PM) : 

Rupe - is there something wrong with your email account?

The last two emails I sent you have been returned as 'non-deliverable'.

Hope everything's ok.

 

post a comment