Tuesday, November 14, 2006

DESERT ORCHID


I wish I had a photograph of this brave and beautiful horse. I wish I knew how to find one and put it up here. There is a beauty on the front page of the Mirror this morning.

I wish I knew why I am so upset at the death of of this gallant inspiring lovely animal.

Comments on "DESERT ORCHID"

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:08:00 PM) : 

Desi did capture the heart of the nation, didn't he? I rember sitting in Angelo's Greek restaurant on Westbourne Grove when he had just won the Gold Cup, his owner had it on the table next to him!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:16:00 PM) : 

Oh Gavin, I wish I'd been you.
I would have asked if I could give him a stroke and photograph his beautiful face.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:18:00 PM) : 

Gavin, you are absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much.

 

Blogger Curmy said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:39:00 PM) : 

He was such a lovely horse, look at those intelligent eyes.
Long after he retired, if they ever took him to a race course to do a lap of honour, he used to go bonkers !

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:09:00 PM) : 

Of course I have worked out how to place images onto your blog now ;-)

A senior moment.

The image of the newspaper works well and again often proves how simplicity works best...

 

Blogger ja said ... (Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:37:00 PM) : 

Nice pic. Even though I don't know the complete record of Desert Orchid, I can tell by the reaction to its passing that it was greatly admired by many.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:07:00 AM) : 

My Ma's favourite horse (we used to go racing a lot).

Westbourne Grove Gavin? I used to work near thee - for an Ad Agency in Bishops Bridge Road. (Cadbury's Smash Martians and the Honey watsit) Local pub we used was the Prince of Wales.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:07:00 AM) : 

Near there, NOT near thee!

 

post a comment