Tuesday, October 03, 2006


A NIGHT OF MAGIC WITH MY FLUFFY INVADER..........

After two husbands, snoring, making odd noises.......a soft, fluffy, quiet purring monster of a cat is my perfect cuddle. OK...I don't have that much room in my (HER) bed but I am enslaved.

At 5 a.m. a paw bashes me somewhere convenient...time for her food.

Up I get, and then there is an hour long procedure...because she is such a greedy pig, I have to feed her very very slowly, otherwise she gobbles it up and is sick.

We both go back to bed...I always try to get there first...to get the best position, and I fail each time. I switch on the radio so I can't hear her tiny moans.

She's still hungry you see, and she also want a cuddle.. So when I look into the mirror every exhausted day......

I do realise I need to be locked up somwhere.

BUT WHAT CAN I DO???? I'm in love

P.S. She's been on a Vet ordered diet which does not agree with her and she has put on ONE POUND in ONE MONTH. Poor Rosie.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:24:00 AM) : 

Blmey....taht took hours and hours and hours....of to bed, G'night.
Thanks Gavin....

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:25:00 AM) : 

I meant...OFF to bed.

 

Blogger Linda Mason said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:50:00 AM) : 

Being in love is a wonderful thing Rupe but have you ever heard of tough love? My mother would never have indulged us the way she indulged her dog when he was alive and I suspect that you are the same with Rosie. Get tough 'mother loving' woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:07:00 AM) : 

Rupe, how funny. One of my cats sleeps on my bed, (I let them out of the kitchen at night when the weather was hot )
She always complains if I move my feet about, and disturb her.
Not half as much though as my OH complains when he comes home at the w/e !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 4:31:00 PM) : 

LOL Rupe!

I sent that card to my mother recently.

My cat is as thin as anything and makes no noise at all.

He'll wake me sometimes by jumping up onto my pillow; extending a paw and then ever so gently tap/scratch me on the head until I come to.

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:29:00 PM) : 

So funny...
Good post Rupe.

G x

 

Blogger Name Witheld said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:31:00 AM) : 

"Making odd noises"? Are we talking flatulence here? Let's face it, men are generally disgusting I have to admit!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:48:00 AM) : 

Les..hello, good morning...not only flatulence noises...just general chhhhs..clearing throat...
gutteral grunts of the least attractive kind.....dribbles, general sleep smell, ech..this beginning to remind me of 2nd husband...who, Les my old mucker, I found in bed with two women. And they were German. Now thats enought to put anyone off, don't you think ????

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:58:00 AM) : 

Its who we are and its good to see such honesty but also humour...

What we share in our inner sanctums known as blogs...

I wonder if I have any secrets hidden away that I can tell?

My life seems quite dull...so far...there's still time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:38:00 PM) : 

Omigod Rupe! I know I shouldn't laugh but ....LOL re your husband comments!

 

Blogger Name Witheld said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 1:50:00 PM) : 

Rupe,

I thought that finding one's husband in bed with two women was the sort of thing that only happened in Brian Rix farces!

One of my wife's colleagues once found her boyfriend in bed with another woman : she beat the crap out of the other woman and dumped her naked on the street. Hell hath no futy.....etc

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:37:00 PM) : 

It happened in Austria....I suspected hubby no 2 was messing about.....so when...well actually this is going to be my next blog.... I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:57:00 PM) : 

I thought this blog was supposed to be about Cats , not 3-in-a-bed-romps ! Still it's VERY entertaining.
You should have heard what Rupe was going to call it originally !

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:25:00 PM) : 

This has opened a whole new world for Rupe

G x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:38:00 PM) : 

we lost a cat, saw her run over by a car being driven the wrong way up our one way street. she was called holly and i shall never forget her. i still cannot think of that horrible moment without wincing, feeling the shock to the bottom of my heart and the marrow of my bones.
some friends came to lunch yesterday. they are from america and have a cat called Little Sister and they showed us photographs. little sister is just like holly with that same gingeriness within her brindled tabbiness and looking at the photos leftme aching with sadness. i shall always love her and her loss is irredeemable, like another person i know who once had a cat called lily.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:43:00 PM) : 

WELCOME Tusitala, yes Lily was my most darling cat who I rescued.
After she was killed...I got Rosie in 2 days.
But that's another story.

 

Blogger Pat said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 12:43:00 AM) : 

What would we do without our cats, Rupe? With five adult kitties in a small condo, I sometimes think life would be simpler if I found one or two (or four) of them another home, but how would I ever choose? They're each too dear to me, and far more loyal than my philandering ex ever was!

And Rupe? Forget Rosie's diet. You'll both be miserable and it won't work anyway. Besides, she's so beautiful as a full-figured woman, don't you think?

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 5:27:00 AM) : 

Pat.....you are quite right.
Vet sells me very very expensive dry food, for diabetic cats...she is not diabetic....it's for diets as well.
I am giving her normal moist food, which she loves...gobble gobble.

I want her to have a happy life.....I am just feeding her less. Thanks.

 

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 9:11:00 AM) : 

If she eats less, I would think if she is balanced so calories are reduced, I thik you'll see her weight come down.

Also it could be a bit of water retention...its amazing how heavy water can be.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 9:31:00 AM) : 

Thanks Gildy...the problem is she is an indoor cat, and doesn't get enough exercise.
She's bored playing football up and down the stairs.

Anyway she's already busy writing her Christmas cards !

 

Blogger Pat said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 12:05:00 PM) : 

Sorry, Rupe - didn't mean to sound so dictatorial. It must be the full moon.

Rosie sounds pretty industrious, working on her Christmas cards already! Will she be including a photo of herself?

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Friday, October 06, 2006 8:38:00 PM) : 

No Pat, she's making a drawing of herself. !

 

post a comment