Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mohammed My Lovely Taxi Driver, more deaths including MY CAR

Quite a lot has happened since I last had a moan here.
First, the very talented art teacher MBE who lived next door has died after being run over....and being in intensive care for months. Very sad.

A lady, Susan,who lived opposite was Denholm Eliots widow she was an alcoholic, very tall and slim would ofen be seen walking shakily up the road...began to share her house with two extremely strange people with spikes sticking out of their noses and cheeks and ears, and had daily hair colour changes. Well the poor woman had a stroke and went into a sort of care home, set herself alight and died. Meanwhile the two strange ones are still living in the house.

If you read Gavin's board you'll know I had car crash...not my fault. My darling old car went to heaven to join my black banana phone and beautiful coffee soaked lap top, in heaven.

So awaiting a replacement car, I had a lot of taxis, which proved extremely interesting. I had two Muslim drivers who were the kindest, most charming men I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I kept calling my favourite Mohammed,.. sweetheart. I asked my other Muslim driver who prefers an English sounding name whether he though Mohammed would have taken offence at my familiarity. The answer was affirmative. So next time I apologised to Mohammed and kept forgetting my manners and was soon calling him Darling. OH dear.
Anyway the bad day arrived when a horrid small smelly smoky battered cab arrived driven by an English person who smelled of drink, was unshaven and perfectly vile.
Fortunately it was a short journey. Unfortunately I always have to sit beside the
driver as I get sick in the back.

Anyway, 2 days ago my black shiny 2nd hand car arrived. I drove salesman back to his HQ a few miles away. I dropped him off,and caught my left thumb in the seat belt connection and tore my thumb nail right off. It looked bloody, and it was agony.
Got home, could hardly take my clothes off...took overdose pain killers and went to bed. Oh bye the way I am 100% allergic to wasp stings and got stung on tip of finger, saving my cat who had her nose up it's bottom. Well, after a lot of anti hystemines, and Doc warning me I have to carry injectons around with me I recovered, just in time for a car crash.

Just thought I'd write all this down.

Comments on "Mohammed My Lovely Taxi Driver, more deaths including MY CAR"

 

Blogger Curmy said ... (Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:47:00 PM) : 

Rupe, how sad about the people in your road who've died.
I loved the stories of your Muslim taxi drivers, bet they've never met anyone like you before !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:56:00 PM) : 

At last you're blogging again!

So sorry about your thumb nail (ouch) and your neigbours' deaths.

But - so good to read a post of yours again.

 

Blogger Linda Mason said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:00:00 AM) : 

Rupe, sounds like you've been having lots of fun......seriously though, is it possible that these pain killers that you need to take make you a little bit slow and that's why you end up hurting yourself? Just a thought.

I hope that you enjoy your new car despite the inauspicious beginning.

How's Rosie? You didn't mention her? Any more exhibitions in the pipeline?

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:42:00 PM) : 

Mags, you may have something there, but I only have pain killers
in the afternoons. Bit I do have a huge mix of pills every mornig at about 5. am when old Fluffy Face wakes me up.

I've always been accident prone, broke both arms falling off horse.
Then fracturing a bone in my back falling off another one.
Broke leg falling on a ship working for S.Times.
Cutting toe open on broken bottle...lots stitches.
Broke toe in my flat the morning I was due to photo Nureyev!!
He felt very sorry for me.
Broke various toes in my flat over the past years.
Brothers rabbit bit the end of my nose nearly off when I kissed him on his mouth.

My parents were always whisking me off to accident place in various hospitals.

However age is creeping along, andit gets more difficult to recover each ime I bash myself up.
One of my problems is that I tend not to think in the present but at least 5 minutes ahead.

Oh, I cracked my coxyx falling down concrete steps in Cavendish Car Park, had to go by ambulance to hospital, (in bed for 3 weeks)

AND fractured my shoulder just standing on my ski's and fell over in Austria.
I think that was the year I found my husband in bed with two women in hotel. Lovely.

Rosie is as gorgeous as ever, bossy, but delicious.

Thanks for answering, love R x

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:51:00 PM) : 

sorry for all the errors in previous post. Tried to edit, but failed.

 

Blogger Linda Mason said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:10:00 PM) : 

Rupe, it sounds as though we may have been twins separated at birth! I have been closely acquainted with various A&E Departments over the years and particularly as a child. I've broken all my fingers and dislocated both thumbs and one shoulder. Broken my arm (started school with it in a plaster,) my wrist, one ankle, stress fracture on a shin bone and my nose and I lost count of the number of times I tore my ankle ligaments. We could be like the scene in the film (escapes me as to the name of it now) where they compare scars! As my mother says, it's no use being clumsy unless you show it.

Glad to hear that Rosie is OK.

Re the pills, it might be worth checking with the doctor if the cocktail that you take at 5am might be bettered staggered because sometimes they can cause problems if all taken together. Don't want you hurting yourself anymore than as is natural for a walking accident zone!

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 6:29:00 PM) : 

Yes Mags, quite right. Will see Doc. I do worry he will suspect the beginnings of Alzheimers, or something like it.

 

Blogger Linda Mason said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:36:00 PM) : 

Rupe, all these drugs doctors give out and they rarely consider the effects of taking them all together. About 18 months ago I noticed that my mother was suffering from significant tremors. It was horrendous to watch her doing something simple like trying to do a button up and her beautiful handwriting deteriorated to such a state that it was barely legible. Cutting a long story short the doctor thought it might be Parkinson's. After much research about the drugs she was taking, I discovered that the tremors were a reaction caused by the combination of drugs she was on. Her GP hates me! A few tweaks here and there with the drug regime and although the tremors have not disappeared they are significantly reduced.

I doubt Alzheimer's is on the menu. That's for really old people Rupe!

 

Blogger Curmy said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:53:00 PM) : 

Rupe, of course you havn't got Altzeimers, you're far too on the ball !

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:56:00 PM) : 

Mags...I'll be seeing Doc about it.
'Cos I also have sleeping pills plus the odd slug of Benylin Original.....I am a bit addicted I believe.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:57:00 PM) : 

Thanks Curms. :-)

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Monday, May 14, 2007 12:27:00 PM) : 

Glad to see you blogging Rupe - I must do a bit myself!

You've left a note on the board to say you can't get in to edit. Do you mean edit the main post or the comment above (because you can't actually edit the comments, you have to dlete and repost the comment)

 

Blogger Gavin Corder said ... (Monday, May 14, 2007 12:29:00 PM) : 

And dear me you do seem to be all thumbs Rupe (sorry about the bad pun - I couldn't help it!)

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Monday, May 14, 2007 2:53:00 PM) : 

Gav, I tried to edit one of my own comments. I didn't check it properly.
Doesn't matter.

Looks as if my shoulder is going west. Can't have any more cortisone.
Very depressed as an op is only option now, and I can't have any more surgery.
My right arm will be out of action for weeks.

Buggeritis.

 

Blogger Ump said ... (Monday, May 14, 2007 3:43:00 PM) : 

Oh Rupey !

What ARE we going to do with you , eh ??!!

x.

 

Blogger Name Witheld said ... (Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:20:00 PM) : 

Well, Rupe, I don't know quite what to say. On the one hand I'm glad to see you blogging again but on the other hand I'm sad to hear about all these bad things happening. I hope things take a turn for the better very soon.

Be assured of my best wishes.

 

Blogger Rupe said ... (Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:15:00 PM) : 

Thanks LPJ.

Things could be a lot worse.

 

Blogger Span Ows said ... (Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:21:00 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Span Ows said ... (Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:23:00 AM) : 

Hello Rupe, sorry for not noticing you've posted again. I was beginning to think only Sarnia, Mags and Gildy (occasionally) and Baldinio (every day!) were at it!

You seem to have been in the wars a bit, I was a bit confused about the cat up a wasp's bum or have I misunderstood something?

At the risk of being lambasted for concentrating on the sordid details can I ask if you caught your husband was in bed with two women at the same time or that you caught him on two different occasions...

At the risk of getting lambasted again (By YOU!)...you sound like my mum! Seems to be in the stage when accidents happen more often and take longer to recuperate from - many of her injuries stem for something to do with the cat too!

 

Blogger Span Ows said ... (Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:24:00 AM) : 

P.S. The deleted comment was me - so many typos!!!

 

post a comment